MakerBot 3D Printer
The MakerBot is a 3D printer that creates objects by laying down molten plastic to build up, layer after layer, your finished product.
Note–this tool has been retired. Please see the upgraded MakerBot Replicator 2X here: http://maker-works.com/tools/makerbot-replicator-2x-3d-printer/
- ABS plastic (many colors available)
- 3mm diameter plastic stock
- 3.77″ x 4.25″ x 4.5″ build volume
- Minimum layer height: 0.3mm (0.012″)
- Minimum width of extruded layer: 0.4mm (0.016″)
- Note–Maker Works’ MakerBot has been converted to a fixed build platform (i.e., no conveyer belt)
Check out this video explaining what the MakerBot 3D printer is and how you can use it to create items in plastic.