IBC Boardmaker PCB Engraver
Model: Boardmaker 2222
The IBC Boardmaker 2222 is a printed circuit board (PCB) engraver capable of creating prototype double-sided PCBs up to 22″ x 22″ by isolation routing traces, drilling component holes, and milling out board outlines. It uses a standard LinuxCNC controller, accepts G-code in RS-274NGC.
|Machining limits||22″ x 22″|
|Spindle speed||10,000 RPM|
|Spindle type||Wolfgang Engineering DB-200S|
|Tool shank size||1/8″|
|Feature size (recommended)||0.015″ / 0.015″|
|Optical touch-off camera||640×480|
- Create prototype PCBs while-you-wait, instead of waiting several days for a prototype from a board house. With custom G-code, you can create complex board outlines, interior routing, etc.
- Uses standard PCB 1/8″ solid carbide tooling.
- Can create Veronoi isolation routing to minimize engraving time.
- Holes are not through-plated (PTH), so boards must be soldered top and bottom if connectivity through a hole is required.
- Complex boards will take correspondingly longer to machine.
- No silk screen or solder mask.
- 1/32″ through 1/16″ FR-4 or similar, 1-2 oz copper
- Tooling must be 1/8″ shank, solid carbide.
- Isolation-routing (traces created by milling around the outside).
- Hole drilling.
- Board outline routing.