Casey Dixon, KC
Casey Dixon aka KcD aka Kc. Born and raised in Michigan, went to Eastern Michigan University and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, with a double concentration of painting and sculpture. Worked a plethera of jobs, everything from maintenance to bartending to education. Currently working for maker-works and designs in iron.
Kcd wants to change the world, to affect it in a positive and realistic way. His passion for learning, making,geekdom and travel are all avenues in which he hopes to better himself. And by bettering himself he hopes to have a positive influence on those around him so that they feel they can also positively to grow. In an ideal world, he would be making Geek costumes and props while traveling to convention to convention teaching skills and his passion for geekdom and life.
Casey is checked out on: MakerBot 3-D Printer, Metal Lathes, Amaya 16-thread CNC Embroidery Machine, Epilog Laser Cutter, ShopBot CNC Router, 3- Saws Class, Planer/Jointer/Drum Sander, Drill Press/Bandsaw, CNC Plasma Cutter, Tormach CNC Mill/Bridgeport Mill, MIG/TIG Welding, Scotchman 45 ton Ironworker
Casey can teach: Amaya 16-thread CNC Embroidery Machine
- People Person: Good at interpersonal communication
- Sewing: Knowledable about reading patterns, sewing variety of stitches, working with the machines.
- Videography: really interested in expanding my knowledge in this realm, have experience working with a variety of cameras, and editing programs. Love the idea of visually telling a story.
- Wood/Metal: Pretty knowledgable about Wood and metal, constantly learning in these fields and am passionate about doing so.
- Education: Been Teaching for the past 10 years, swimming, gymnastics, art comic books. I love to teach, because in the end i feel like i learn the most.
- Writing:Passionate about storytelling and communicating,clearly concisely