Tapered Cedar Planter Skill Development
Have you taken the 3 Saws checkout class?
Would you like to get going on a project in the woodshop?
This class is an hour of one-on-one guided instruction on how to set up for repeatable mitered and beveled cuts on the miter saw, plus a lot more! When you request to take this class, you’ll be contacted by the instructor to work out a convenient time and be given a descriptive list of materials to purchase and bring to class. The materials should cost around $20, depending on where you go and what you choose.
Price: $30 (Plus the cost of the wood and screws you’ll purchase and bring to class.)
Length: 1 hour
By the end of this class, you will be more confident in:
- buying materials for a woodshop project
- using the miter saw in a variety of setups
- assembling a woodshop project
- Nominal vs. actual lumber dimensions
- Miter cuts, bevel cuts, and compound cuts
- Different types of screws
- Laser line vs. cut line
- Setting up a stop block for the miter saw
- About clamps
- Cordless drill/driver use
- miter saw
- possibly table saw
- cordless drill/driver
Prerequisite Class: 3 Saws Checkout
Class size: 1
Age restrictions: 16+